Friday, May 3, 2013

A Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party

This past Saturday we had a very special birthday for our very special girl. I had decided on a theme of The Very Hungry Caterpillar because we love the book. (Last year was The Cat in the Hat, can you tell we love books around here?) Anyway, if you know me you know that one thing I love to do is entertain. I think it's in my blood, when I was growing up we were always having a party of some sort. The kid had an amazing day and I think all of our friends and family had a great time too, the rain went away early enough that we were able to go outside and enjoy the bounce house and some fresh air (remember how I have a tiny house?! We would have all been VERY squished) Now that our big day is done, I am already planning next years party.. can anyone say giddy up cowgirl?

We served Hot dogs, chips, pasta salad, grapes, cherry tomatoes, ice cream, strawberries, cookies and cake which are all of Annabelle's favorite foods.

And for the crazy amount of pictures...
I ordered this dress from Wild Olive Kids 
My sister made this cup-cake cake!
Cookies from Hy-Vee
I made the little caterpillars from beads and pipe cleaners
This is from a particularly crafty moment
Opening gifts, she is one lucky kid!
Blowing out her candles

Gift bags for the kids, filled with all kids of goodies.

Some decorations. I had big intentions of better things but it was raining.

Addie, Andy, and Anna 
Having too much fun in the bounce house
We had the bounce house all weekend, so Sunday Anthony couldn't resist!


I think the party turned out amazing! Thank you to all who came!

--Mel

















No comments: