Friday, April 19, 2013

Little Hands

There is nothing that fills my heart more than when my sweet baby reaches for my hand. She does it quite frequently whether we are walking or sitting on the couch together, she always reaches for my hand. I try to lock away the feeling of her tiny hand in mine,because I know that she won't always want to hold my hand when we are walking and I know that her hand won't be so tiny for very much longer.

 

Sometimes when I'm holding her hand I think about all of the things she will do with her hands, she will hold her high school and college diplomas, she will hold her daddy's hand as he walks her down the aisle and someday she will hold her brand new baby for the first time. Part of me is so excited to watch this sweet girl grow up and to see her accomplish all of her dreams and most of all to grow up and be happy. The other part of me longs for these stages to stay a little longer. I want to be her favorite person, the person that kisses her boo boos and makes them better, the person that she runs to with a giant hug in the morning and the person who's hand she reaches to hold as often as possible for a little longer. I know the time will pass too quickly but I'm trying to keep her small as long as possibly can.

 



--Mel


No comments: